USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

New Rule: DM Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDragon12346

Make Sure To Follow The Rules!
I was thinking that there should still be a rule when it comes to DM/PM advertising. It would be a 3 day ban from the Discord server every time, and would only be in effect if the receiving end reported it and they were not friended to that person. The screenshot must include that the person is not friended to the advertiser and must show the message.

Hope this rule gets put in place, as most people don't like DM advertisements!

snoic

fr
Staff member
SrMod
Appeals Team
Application Team
UHC Team
Reports Team
Hello,

I think adding this rule would be a good idea. However, i'm not on board with you when you say a 3 day ban. Normally when people DM you an advertisement to a link they send it to multiple people and they come in waves. For example; someone sends and invite in someones pm. They get banned, but they come back on multiple accounts. I think this rule would be a great addition. But, I think it should be a permanent ban. And as always for them to get banned full screenshot of discord name, mutual servers, etc. Overall good suggestion!

Thanks,

CoolDragon12346

Hello,

I think adding this rule would be a good idea. However, i'm not on board with you when you say a 3 day ban. Normally when people DM you an advertisement to a link they send it to multiple people and they come in waves. For example; someone sends and invite in someones pm. They get banned, but they come back on multiple accounts. I think this rule would be a great addition. But, I think it should be a permanent ban. And as always for them to get banned full screenshot of discord name, mutual servers, etc. Overall good suggestion!

Thanks,
Yaa, I think there should be a permanent ban now that I think about. I like your change!

expireds

play.krypticmc.net
Don’t think this should be a rule as it’s just a personal matter at that point. Most of the time it’s just bots rather than humans so banning them won’t matter since their account gets deleted after the fact discord ban them from other servers they do it from and it would be most likely a waste of staff’s time to look over every single discord advertiser. Simple way to fix the matter is if you don’t like dm advertisers, you can turn off your dms from being public to private. It doesn’t harm people or stop them from doing anything as it isn’t really server related.

CoolDragon12346

Don’t think this should be a rule as it’s just a personal matter at that point. Most of the time it’s just bots rather than humans so banning them won’t matter since their account gets deleted after the fact discord ban them from other servers they do it from and it would be most likely a waste of staff’s time to look over every single discord advertiser. Simple way to fix the matter is if you don’t like dm advertisers, you can turn off your dms from being public to private. It doesn’t harm people or stop them from doing anything as it isn’t really server related.
I don't believe that it should be up to the players to stop people from breaking the rules (They would turn off their DMs and that would prevent people from breaking the rules) and some people like having their DMs on public. Also, where you said that it isn't server related, it is because the advertisement from people from the KMC discord. Plus, just because it is a bot doesn't mean that it should not get banned. They have as much banning right as people do; they break the rules, they get punished. Finally, staff are around so people don't break the rules. Saying that it is a "waste of time" for a staff member to uphold the rules (Stopping advertisements) gets me thinking that you think that you do NOT have to stop rule breakers, when in reality you have to make sure that people are following the rules, and everyone is playing safe.
So if you will, re-think over your decision please.

expireds

play.krypticmc.net
You can't act like it's rule yet as I never said I wouldn't stop rule breakers, my statement was a counter argument towards the suggestion for your rule to become a actual rule. I'm saying that it wouldn't be wise to make that a rule since it's basically the user's problem and not server problem specifically. Banning them from the discord won't really matter as they will dm everyone they can and not bother with the server with that discord, that's why you don't get dm advertised twice by the same account. Basically banning them won't enforce not much as they have thousands of accounts doing this. As it isn't really a server issue or something that affect users or players that much apart from being a dm/ping. If you find it annoying you can easily keep your dm's private and only chat with people that are your friends by sending them a friend request and chatting from their and if someone wants to message you can add them so you can have a conversation.

CoolDragon12346

You can't act like it's rule yet as I never said I wouldn't stop rule breakers, my statement was a counter argument towards the suggestion for your rule to become a actual rule. I'm saying that it wouldn't be wise to make that a rule since it's basically the user's problem and not server problem specifically. Banning them from the discord won't really matter as they will dm everyone they can and not bother with the server with that discord, that's why you don't get dm advertised twice by the same account. Basically banning them won't enforce not much as they have thousands of accounts doing this. As it isn't really a server issue or something that affect users or players that much apart from being a dm/ping. If you find it annoying you can easily keep your dm's private and only chat with people that are your friends by sending them a friend request and chatting from their and if someone wants to message you can add them so you can have a conversation.
Ok, I guess I did go overkill with saying that you would not stop rule breakers, and I am sorry for that. But more people will go DM advertise if they see that it isn't a rule. True the person on the receiving end could make their DMs private, but some people (Like me) don't want to have to friend someone every time they want to talk to someone, as some people don't want to put in that amount of effort just to direct message someone. True you could criticize me, saying I am lazy, or say that I could just quit discord, which I don’t think is an option because of how much some people love discord (Like me). Finally, if a server has no rules on DM advertising, then people who don’t do DM advertising (That also own a Discord server) because they don’t want to get banned, would advertise because there would be no repercussions/punishments. The reason servers have this rule is so people don't get flooded with DM advertisements. Plus, it turns most people off when a server doesn’t have the rule and they get an advertisement. Also, if they see that the one person is getting away with advertising in DMs, then they would want to do it too, and it would be a “Advertising War”, where some people would get really annoyed and leave the server to stop getting DMed with advertisements. It also can’t be stopped unless you either delete the Discord server, or tell everyone that you are going to initiate a rule to where staff ban DM advertisers forth ward. Some people might not see the announcement, and continue to advertise. That would lead to a lot of bans, which would make the amount of people on the server go down. I think the best way to avoid this is to initiate a new rule to where you are not allowed to advertise, and would be a permanent ban (6 months to appeal) from the discord.
I hope that I have changed your mind about this.

BtwImQuestion

KMC
Staff member
Admin
Appeals Team
Application Team
Reports Team
Hey!
as the question has been answered due to the situation at the moment, I’ve decided to lock this thread.

Merry Christmas 🎄

Status
Not open for further replies.